It's All About Choice

     There are many choices that people make in their lives. Some for the good, some for the bad, that's pretty obvious, right? The simple fact in this is, the choices a person makes in their life is what defines them. There are even times that your early choices overshadow your later choices in life, and vice versa. Whether it's good or bad depends on your choices.
     I, personally, have made many choices in my life, equally bad and good. I love the choices that I have made, though, because I love the person who I am now. I know that I'm not the only one in the world, past or present, that have made ridiculous or great decisions. There are even some people in the bible that have made decisions that boggles the mind.
     Some of the most interesting decisions I have made in my life are pretty funny now that I'm older. The first one that comes to mind is the time I took my mom's Cadillac. I told her that I was going to the store, but I ended up not getting home until about 3a.m. "Yeah Mom, I'll be right back...." Or even the time that I took the same Cadillac, picked up my best fiend and then proceeded to wreck the car withing 10 minutes of taking it. There are countless things that I have done that were innocently foolish in my years, and that's just a couple of them.
     There were many decisions in my life that have led me to be the person that I am now. The first one was when I moved to Oklahoma with my brother. I was getting in trouble in school and I needed a change. I actually decided upon myself to move, b ut it was up to my brother to let me stay. He let me stay, and it was then that my life moved in the right direction. I ate hot dogs for about a year straight. Honestly, I have no idea how my brother could have let me live there. It was here, though, that I knew what it was to work hard and actually accomplish something if you set your mind to it. My brother worked so hard, and I saw it first hand.
     That was a major choice in my life, I mean, at the age of 16 I decided to go and be away from almost all of my family and friends just to pass high school. I was actually thinking about Moses from the bible the other day and I remembered an interesting story. Moses had just taken his father in law's sheep to the backside of the mountain of God, or Mt. Sinai. Then, the God came to speak to him through a burning bush. A burning bush?!?!? Not only was the bush burning, the Lord spoke to him and told him that he was going to deliver their people from the clutches of the Pharaoh. Now, if there was a burning bush speaking to me....I probably would have ran, or maybe brought my friends over and be like "check it out, you wanna see something cool?" Anyway, it was there that Moses followed what that Lord wanted and he eventually delivered his people from the Egyptians. But, what if Moses actually made the choice to NOT do this. He could have changed the whole course of history!
     You see, everyone has a choice. Even if the Lord's commanding you to do something. Now, I'm not saying to disobey the Lord and do your own thing, but there is always choice. Choice, besides love, is the greatest gift God has given each and every on of us. It's powerful. Some people take advantage of this gift and use it to have success in their live. Some people make questionable choices, and they pay for their choices.
     I say these things because I've made questionable choices in my life a time or two. But, I've also made great choices in my life. It's the choices I've made that have led me to have a darn good life. It all started with a choice to move to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I believe that if I didn't make that one choice, my life wouldn't be as awesome as it is now. God has played a big role in my choices. If it wasn't for God, I would have never been able to help my brother with Crossroads Church. I would have never felt the touch of the Holy Spirit if I never went to my first Desperation Conference four years ago. I surely would have never help build a church in Monterrey, Mexico for no money. I actually paid money to go do that! I surely never would have donated an organ to help someone's life. I also probably would have never been as persistent on trying to go out with my current wife.
     I wouldn't have done any of these things if the Lord had never told me to do so. I still had a choice in all of these situations, but I chose to follow what God wanted me to do. I remember when my wife was moving to Colorado. I remember God telling me that I had to help her. She was just my friend then, and had no interest in me at that time. I was like, "really God??? Do I have to?" But I obeyed and then she ended up my wife.
     Everyone has choices to make, but how many people make their choices with God in mind? It's one of the greatest gifts he has given you. What will you do with it?

Comments

  1. Pretty cool, and I agree. My choices in life have led me to the home I now own and the family I have around me, so my regrets are few. Great blog!

    Oh, it's Raquel, your cousin. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts